Privatisation and Public-Private Partnerships
We provide complex services to our clients on legal support of transactions related to privatization of public assets. They include diverse types of contracts with state-owned and municipal property and assets (sale, long-term lease, concessions, etc), buying-out of shares in state-owned companies, supporting joint projects with state.
We assist our clients by providing the following services:
- Advising on the above types of contracts, relevant procedures, formalities, and legislative requirements;
- Participating in negotiations with representatives of the state, municipal bodies, state-owned companies, etc.;
- Drafting relevant agreements and supporting documents;
- Doing all necessary preparations for closing contracts;
- Providing relevant support in the course of contract performance and project implementation;
- Representing clients that have minority shares in state-owned companies;
- Representing clients before public authorities and in courts in procedures related to privatisation of public assets.
We also provide necessary support on projects related to the establishment and implementation of public-private partnerships. We help clients determine the best model of partnership to be used, identify and minimize the respective risks. We also participate in negotiations together or on behalf of the client, draft the respective agreements and provide services of contract management during the project performance, and also deal with obtaining the required authorizations and certifications.
For all relevant projects we help evaluate the assets involved, conduct legal due diligence of assets and companies, and help determine the related risks.